BUSINESS FROM HOME FREE HOME BASED BUSINESS PROGRAMS WORK AT HOME JOBS MAKE MONEY FROM HOME IDEAS Specially Selected By Business From Home Team _________________ TOP PICK LEGITIMATE HOME BASED BUSINESS for 2014 FREE TO JOIN
Home-Based Businesses, Make Money from Home Jobs and Ideas
Getting Additional Revenue through Affiliate Programs in the Internet
Author: Rebecca Hubbard - Hubbard Enterprises
Article: Getting Additional Revenue through Affiliate Programs in the Internet
If you are one of those people who are Internet savvy and are keen on getting more income by just affiliating with commercial websites and referring people to them, then affiliate programs might just be for you.
Affiliate programs work such that you are given a commission when you are able to send individuals to sign up, avail of a service or buy something with your associated website.
There are three basic types of affiliate programs found in the Web. These are:
1. Per-Click Affiliation Program - From the term itself, the payment you will receive will depend on the number of clicks that are generated in your website. The typical payment for such program ranges from US $.01-.30. This is the lowest among affiliate programs because "clicking" can be generated easily.
2. Per-Lead Affiliation Program - The payment usually come from "sign-ups" that your website generated. If users enter their e-mail addresses, phone numbers and other information, you will be compensated. Since generating sign ups are more difficult than clicks, the range of payment is from US $.10-5.
3. Per-Sale Program - This is considered as the most popular among all affiliate programs. This is also called "commission" program. In here, you will be paid on the sales that were generated from your ezine or website. Commission percentage from sales usually ranges from 5-15% and could even reach 40% depending on your agreement and the type of product that was sold.
The following are some things you need to consider if you want to be in the affiliate revenue business:
- Determine your target market before your product. This way, you won't have any difficulties coming up with your promotion strategies later on.
- The next step is to concentrate on a topic for your website that you are strongly interested in. It is better to concentrate on a small area then work around it. After doing this, select affiliate programs that are closely related to your theme and link them.
- If you are serious in generating more income in lesser time, find out which are hot in the market at the present time. Try to become adept and well informed in one of these and make sure that you link it with affiliate programs that suit the theme/topic.
- Try to also consider products that sell well and have a high demand in the Internet. Such products include bargains and coupon sites. Aside from these, information products such as white papers and digital devices give high commissions and good profit margins.
According to an Ernst & Young study computer related gadgets, gears and devices are the most bought items in the market with 40%, followed by books at 20%; travel is 3rd with 16% followed by clothing at 10%; music has a share of 6% and gifts and investment have 4% each.
- Get your own domain name for your website which is unique and memorable. A domain name gives an impression that you are a serious professional.
- Try to create newsletters you can distribute around in the Internet which will remind people of your website's presence.
- Make sure you offer good, if not, the best products and services. Remember that the products or services you promote will affect your reputation.
- Try to look for affiliate programs that will pay you generous, if not decent, commissions.
- Install programs that can help you track your promotions. These should provide you real time information in determining which working program you should concentrate on more.
- Sign up with companies that offer lifetime commissions and be wary of the conditions and stipulations that are stated in contracts.
- Avoid overcrowding your website with promo banners and links and make sure that the affiliate programs you placed share a common theme with the site. Visitors will be turned off when they see a sea of banners and links in the site. Don't lose your site's perspective. - Avoid affiliating with sites where information about the owner or company is not shown.
- Research on companies before signing up with them for affiliate programs. Ask for references and contact them.
Should you be interested in affiliate programs, you can check out sites such as ClickBank (www.clickbank.com), LinkShare (www.linkshare.com/new) and Commission Junction (www.cj.com). Visit sites such as http://www.refer-it.com/ and http://www.AssociatePrograms.com/ for directory listings and reviews.